Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Any suggestions for storing iPhone while jogging? Options · View
Aunnie.84102
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:18:42 PM

I don't like the armbands that you can store your iPhone in. Any other suggestions? Right now I'm using a hip pouch. But, it's bulky. I'm sure there has to be a better way! H E L P!Brick wall
G-ola.30134
#2 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 11:27:07 AM

I find on the waist or hip is best as that's the most rigid part of your body for strapping to and it moves the least when running. I've tried many things over my time running including:
Jacket pockets - must be very tight jacket and tight pocket for device, but then if you want to take the jacket off you are stuffed
Arm bands - too much chaffing for me
Shorts pocket at rear - e.g. on Nike shorts - not bad but probably not big enough for your iPhone
Bum bag with a phone pouch attached - my favourite as I can carry my wallet and keys too, and I tuck the pouch into my tights/ shorts to stop it moving around
Bum bag for phone - Like this one Hilly bum bag - might work best for you considering the size of your phone. It's very comfy to wear as the strap is neoprene (I think) and very soft - doesn't cut into you in any way.

You'll probably do lots of experimenting before you hit the perfect combination. Just go to as many running shops as you can and try different things.

Good luck and keep running.
BobinFla.79862
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 6:13:15 PM

http://www.spibelt.com/

I've been using this for a few months now. The pouch stretches to fit your phone and holds it snug against your body with no bouncing around.
Paul50.64614
#4 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2010 8:14:37 PM

Thanks for the recommendation BobinFla. I just ordered one. Looks like a nice little pouch that will hold my Droid. Will certainly be better than having it bounce around in the pocket of my running shorts. :)
Paul50.64614
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 03, 2010 5:16:30 PM

Ran for the first time today with the Spibelt. Keeps my phone very stable in the small of my back. Didn't even know it was there. Thanks again BobinFla for posting. :)